KNOWING JESUS PERSONALLY
You must have heard about Jesus Christ. But you never had an opportunity to know him personally. If you are willing, you can find certain truths here that can lead you to have an encounter with him. To begin with, you need to realize four basic facts about God and yourself.
- GOD LOVES YOU
HUMANITY HAS A PROBLEM
- God created a good world of peace and life.
- God loves you and wants you to have a life of peace and hope. The message you just heard stressed this fact.
The Bible says: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son Jesus Christ that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16
GOD OFFERS A REMEDY
Every human being is separated from God. We choose to disobey God and go our own way. This selfish attitude set us apart from God, and created a gap between God and us. This separation is called Sin. We are incapable of getting to God by ourselves. Our efforts of good thoughts and good deeds fail to bridge the gap. We are too far from God.
The Bible says: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
Seeing our distress and need God sent His Son to be the bridge that crosses the gap of separation. Christ took our sins on Himself, shed His blood, and died in our place. This bridge of life is rooted on both side of the gap, Jesus Christ is both God and man. So He provides the way of access between God and man.
The Bible says: Jesus answered “I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 YOU CAN INVITE JESUS CHRIST INTO YOUR LIFE
We must receive Christ into our heart and life by faith to cross the bridge of Christ to God. You cross the bridge to God’s family and to a new life when you prayerfully ask Christ to come into your life.
The Bible says: “Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His Name, He gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
HOW TO RECEIVE CHRIST
- Admit your need.(“Forgive me for my sins”)
- Be willing to turn from your sins.(“I want to leave behind everything I have done wrong”)
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave to give you a new life.(“I believe Jesus died for me.”)
- Invite Jesus Christ to come into your life and to control it.(“I invite you to come into my life today”)
“God, I know that my life is not the way you want it to be, and I need you in my daily life. I ask you to forgive me for all my sins. I want to leave behind all the things I have done wrong. I believe Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, died for me on the cross, was buried and rose to give me a new life full of hope. Lord Jesus, I invite you to come into my life today. I want to follow you in friendship with other believers. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
HOW TO REDEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST
If you have received Christ before but you have failed and now you are repented, and want to come back to Him, what should you do?
- CONFESS YOUR SINS
The Bible says: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” John 1:9
(“Confess” Means to “agree with God”. For example, confess to God: “I lied, I deceived, I disrespected someone, I let myself be carried away with anger, etc”) Right now, be specific when talking to God….confess your sins in silence.
- ALLOW GOD TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE
The Bible says: “Do not offer the part of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness” Romans 6:13
- ASK GOD TO STRENGTHEN YOU TO ENDURE IN HIS PATH
The Bible says: “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” Philippians 4:13
A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. The following are some practical recommendations to guide your life:
- Go every week to a Christian fellowship where the Bible is taught.
- Read the Gospel of John, and then Luke.
- Pray daily, asking the Holy Spirit to guide you.
- Ask other Christians to help you pray and understand the Bible.
- Share with others what Jesus Christ has done in your life, and invite them to go to gatherings where the Gospel is being shared.
Important Bible Verses.
Jesus said” Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened” Matthew 7:7-8
Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
The Bible says: “But those are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name” John 20:31